Monday, February 23, 2015

Lent daybook, 6: I am so troubled that I cannot speak

A Lent daybook for these 40 days of prayer. Join me, won't you? (see all 2015 Lent daybook posts here)

.....
look 


Listen: Open Spaces
Erica Grimm-Vance
.....
read 

Psalm 77I am so troubled that I cannot speak

{all readings for the day: Psalm 77;Job 4:1-21;Ephesians 2:1-10}

.....
pray 

Then I said, “I will appeal to this,
    to the years of the right hand of the Most High.”
11 I will remember the deeds of the Lord;
    yes, I will remember your wonders of old.
12 I will ponder all your work,
    and meditate on your mighty deeds.
13 Your way, O God, is holy.
    What god is great like our God?
14 You are the God who works wonders;
    you have made known your might among the peoples.
15 You with your arm redeemed your people,
    the children of Jacob and Joseph. Selah

Lord, have mercy; Christ, have mercy; Lord, have mercy. Amen.

.....
listen 


Encompassed With Clouds of Distress
Park Slope Church

.....
do*




Sit in total stillness for 5 minutes today.  How does it feel?

.....


*I followed the brothers at the Society of St. John the Evangelist (Boston) during Advent and just discovered their Lent offering, a daily practice themed to the rhythm of Stop.Pray.Work.Play.Love.  Good, simple practices for our Lenten journey.*
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...